20 Song Lines About Phone Calling: Melodies that Brighten an SDR's Day
August 4, 2023
Share this post
Hi guys! It’s summer. Time of vacations, but we’re at work. Let’s have some fun! We’re pretty sure that you receive tons of emails from prospectors on a daily basis. Some of them you read and find valuable. While others remain unread and go to the trash bin of your mailbox. It heavily depends on the subject line, to be honest.
As buyers become increasingly demanding copywriters do their best to create a subject line that stands out. It’s really hard to capture attention in the era of informational abundance. Some of the subject lines reach your heart, but some… Well, they’re strange and thus hilarious, to say the least. Let’s take a look:
1. "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen: The Ultimate Phone Call Anthem for SDRs
This is one of the most popular songs about phone calls in our office. It’s funny and elevating.
2. "Hung Up" - Madonna: The Groovy Beat that Gets SDRs Dialing with Passion
Madonna’s song is very inspiring. You might get no answer from a lead, but it will never stop you from pursuing your goals. Here’s another compelling quote from Hung Up:
3. "I Just Called To Say I Love You" - Stevie Wonder: The Heartfelt Melody Inspiring SDRs to Make Meaningful Calls
Mr. Wonder doesn’t need an occasion to express his affection. Though most prospects don’t expect a call, SDRs can bring much value to them. After all, they offer you a solution to your pain point.
4. "Hello" - Adele: The Soulful Serenade for SDRs Dialing with Emotion and Grace
The English singer knows what it takes to dial one number multiple times trying to get a response.
5. "Call Me" - Blondie: The Retro Vibe that Keeps SDRs Ringing with Confidence
Every sales rep wants a prospect to give a call. However, they usually end up making the first move (and sometimes the second and the third one).
6. "Hotline Bling" - Drake: The Cool and Catchy Tune That Sets SDRs' Phones on Fire
We like this song because it’s relaxing. It’s good to chill out during a lunch or a coffee break.
7. "Hello" - Lionel Richie: The Timeless Ballad That Connects SDRs with Prospects Emotionally
That very moment when you try to demonstrate how much you care about a prospect, you sound like Lionel Richie.
8. "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" - Sugarloaf: The Lighthearted Reminder for SDRs to Keep Prospecting with Confidence
Amazingly, this song is 43 years old. The American band had hard times persuading record companies to give them a try. They were denied many times, but eventually they made it to the top
9. "Telephone" - Lady Gaga ft. Beyoncé: The Electrifying Anthem that Powers SDRs' Sales Conversations
This song doesn’t need any comments! Just push the play button and have fun!
10. "Wrong Number" - The Cure: The Quirky Tune That SDRs Can Relate to When Dialing Mishaps Happen
The lyrics are obscure and make us wonder what they really mean. However, one is for sure: the author has been talking way too long with a wrong person. These things sometimes happen in business. In order to prevent that, we have sales reps
11. "Toxic" - Britney Spears: The Energetic Beat that Infuses SDRs with Sales Power and Charisma
Britney is assertive as always. She knows what she wants, and how to get it. No matter what it takes, she’ll achieve it
12. "One Call Away" - Charlie Puth: The Heartwarming Melody Inspiring SDRs to Be there for their Prospects
One call away is the best case scenario. On average, it takes eight dials for an SDR to reach the prospect.
13. "Ring, Ring" - ABBA: The Nostalgic Anthem that Keeps SDRs Eagerly Awaiting Prospect Calls
SDRs never sit and wait for the phone call. They initiate conversation on their own to help leads change their business for good.
14. "Tony, Talk!" - The Hardkiss: The Energetic and Empowering Track Encouraging SDRs to Engage in Meaningful Conversations
15. "Bless the Telephone" - Labi Siffre: The Soulful Ballad Uplifting SDRs in their Calling Endeavors
The critical thing about prospecting is to make a difference by bringing the value to a lead and establishing a rapport.
16. "Keep You" - Wild Belle: The Melodic Inspiration to Keep SDRs Motivated in Building Lasting Connections
This song has another amazing line dedicated to personalization
17. "Summertime Sadness" - Lana Del Rey: The Mellow Tune for SDRs to Overcome Rejection and Stay Persistent
Amazing Lana knows that feeling when you look at the telephone wires.
18. "Big Girls Cry" - Sia: The Empowering Anthem Encouraging SDRs to Embrace Resilience and Keep Moving Forward
Sometimes, you get home, check your mailbox for client responses with witty follow-ups, and it’s empty
19. "That's Not My Name" - The Ting Tings: The Catchy Beat Reminding SDRs to Personalize and Make a Lasting Impression
Personalization of the most important thing in outbound prospecting. It’s better not to forget your lead’s name.
20. "Shake It Off" - Taylor Swift: The Upbeat Melody Inspiring SDRs to Brush Off Setbacks and Keep Hustling
This song is about dealing with rejection and rude responses. You’re doing a great job!